Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Common Conditions

Problems During the Transition to a New Home

December 16, 2013, 10:53 AM
Q: I purchased a teacup morkie around two weeks ago it was 9 weeks old. It appears healthy and happy but I have been having difficulty getting her to eat anything but chicken, I have tried the baby food and ceasers. I have mixed the chicken with the food but she picks it out and only eats the chicken. She took all of the medicine that came with her and has been at the vet for initial exam. She is having watery stools and it appears that their is blood in the stools I'm not sure what I should do in terms of feeding her and what I should do about the blood at this point, should I watch her or does she need to go to a vet. This morning she was happy bouncing around and did not appear sick. Please email me and let me know what I should do? thank you
A: Since you are seeing watery stools with the possible presence of blood we need to identify the cause of that and begin treatment. Check with your veterinarian and see if you can drop off a fresh stool sample for testing or if you need to take her in. Besides the standard "worm test" your vet should also consider testing for protozoa and for bacterial imbalance of organisms like Clostridia or Campylobacter. Most intestinal infections that produce watery or bloody stools are affecting her appetite some even though she seems to feel good. I would suggest trying to change her diet after the other problem is resolved. Click on the Doctorpup.com Forum and search "Food" for some other member questions and answers. There are also a couple articles about disturbances of the GI tract and about Giardia and Coccidia that might be useful.