Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Common Conditions

Vaccine or Allergy Causing Sneezing?

April 7, 2014, 10:10 AM
Q: Myla has developed a cough. It's not constant all day but occasionally, she will cough and hack as though she wants to get something out. She has sneezed on occasion as well. She received some vaccines 4 days ago including an intranasal one for Kennel cough but the dr's office advise this wouldn't give her these symptoms. Could it be seasonal allergies? We have oak trees in our yard and they are in bloom. Is there any natural remedy I can try before taking her back to the vet? Please advise. P.S. Thank you doc for being so patient in answering my questions. Eileen
A: If the symptoms started after vaccination I feel that intranasal vaccines occasionally produce the symptoms you describe for a period of 3-5 days. Your puppy is too young to have true allergy but certainly sneezing and hacking can be caused by the physical irritation of pollen. Using an over the counter expectorant like guaifenesin can help, I would need to know your puppy's weight.