Spring Break Sale - Limited Time Learn More
Spring Break Sale - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering special Spring Break discounts!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Common Conditions

Repeated urination

July 2, 2020, 4:53 PM
Q: My 6 month old puppy (not neutered) is trying to pee on an empty bladder. For example, I will take him on a walk and he will do his business. Then sometime maybe 15-20 minutes later, he will try to pee again but only a few drips will come out. I've been monitoring and this has been a repeated behavior that has been going on for a couple days. Occasionally, he has been having an unexpected accident in the house. Otherwise, his appetite and energy levels have both been 100%. Is this an area for concern and what could it potentially be? I am worried that he might be having issues urinating. Thank you.
A: The two most likely explanations are the onset of puberty or a urinary tract infection. The only way to separate those two explanations is with some tests on his urine to rule out infection/inflammation of the urinary tract.