Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Homecoming

Is daily routine acceptable?

October 20, 2020, 9:27 AM
Q: Hi, My Maltipoo is now 16 weeks and 5 days. My play session with my puppy is always between 1.5-2 hours. 1. Is playtime too much and will hurt her growth plate? 2. Every of those 2 hours window, i give her a lot of attention. is that too much attention? This is my puppy schedule: 7AM-9AM - Bathroom, tug of war (LOT), eat, walk is 20-30 minutes, she smells and runs a lot, Grooming 9AM-11am - Rest in her crate, milk bone and no fuss 11AM-1PM - Bathroom, tug of war (LOT), shell game, training, walk is 20 -30 minutes, grooming. 1PM-4PM - Rest in her crate with a milk bone - no fuss 4PM - 6PM - bathroom, Tug of war (LOT), walk is 20 -30 minutes. Occasionally, ride with me to the store, rawhide treat 6PM-8:30PM - Rest in her crate with a milk bone - no fuss 8:30PM - until Bedtime - Bathroom, training, shell game, eat, tug of war (LOT), raw hide treat, grooming Sometimes, we would walk for an hour if we have a playdate or guest. She runs a lot at the house too.
A: I like your routine and it sounds like she does too. In many households the problem is too much alone time, she is lucky to be with you.