Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time Learn More
Up to 35% OFF - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering up to 35% OFF for a Limited Time!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Homecoming

Learning to eat in new environment

June 1, 2020, 9:59 AM
Q: My new puppy has been with us for about 3 days and right now he won't eat anything on his own. When he first arrived he'd eat some turkey deli meat as part of training, and he ate one small pouch of Royal Canin wet food but he's not interested in either of those anymore. Right now I can only get him to lick Gerber Baby Food off a plate or my hand if I hold it to his face. He's otherwise very happy, getting used to his pen, and energetic outside. Should I be worried, and are there other things I should try with him?
A: During the first week or two the most important thing is that he eats something. You can move him toward your chosen food next week. Try adding a little scrambled egg and cheese or cooked white meat chicken (not processed). Some puppies are attracted if you add a sprinkle of garlic powder to his food.