Spring Break Sale - Limited Time Learn More
Spring Break Sale - Limited Time

Limited Time Offer

We are currently offering special Spring Break discounts!

Prices reflect the discounted prices and is automatically applied during checkout.

The discounts offered at this time are not applicable towards past purchases or pending balances.

DoctorPup Complimentary Service

Helpful Videos, Forum Q&A, Articles and more

DoctorPup Logo

Training Tips

Training tips

November 24, 2021, 2:33 PM
Q: We’re bringing our 9 week old Maltese home in a few days. We purchased a dog playpen. She has been in a crate with her brother. 1) Do you think @ night, I should put her in a crate or box so she feels more secure? 2) Considering a potty tray with grate? Do you like this system? Will it be confusing if I also take her outside? 3) Anticipate nighttime stress. I will provide food, water & warmth. If she cries, should I leave her alone or wait 10 mins before picking her up? We’re retired so alone time for her is not a issue. Thank you, Arlene
A: Most puppies are more secure in an enclosure especially if you also use a cover.  So far as crying in the crate you should put her in and not go back unless she has been quiet at least 30 minutes.  I am not sure I can picture the system you are referring to.  What does it consist of or does it have a name?